Saturday, August 30, 2014

About Me



     The man in the picture above was a recent cross country coach of mine.  He showed me the world of running and I have embraced it ever since.  I run varsity cross country and track at Monarch High School.  Many of my friends ask me why "run for fun," and I tell them they don't understand the feeling of a runners high or the feeling of winning a race.  I feel like a free flying owl that can go anywhere my running spirit desires.  I am excited to be one of the teams captan's this year and I hope to lead the team to victory.
 
     Another big part of my life is Skiing.  I love taking that first chairlift up and carving through that fresh layer of powder.  My family has a cozy winter cabin up in Silverthorne, which comes in handy when we can go up friday night and skip the morning rush.  Not only do I just ski, but I ski patrol at Arapahoe Basin.  I started Sophomore year and now I am an official Ski Patroller.  I enjoy helping people, directing people, and all the perks of being a patroller, like the free Epic pass and the discounts on clothing.  Ive been skiing since I was three and I don't plan on quitting till I'm 90.

    
     Last but not Least, I couldn't survive without my friends.  I rarely have alone time because I'd rather be venturing off with mis amigos than sitting at home bored.  I feel like I have to do something social everyday to balance out the other stresses of life.  I have great variety of friends from team mates to family friends to my homies.  Having someone besides your parents that can help you through rough patches makes all the difference.  I have gone on several trips with friends without parental surveillance, including camping in canyon lands, Moab, Skiing Jackson Hole, and flying out to lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire.  I plan to keep in touch with all my buddies and make new ones later in life.        





No comments:

Post a Comment