Monday, September 15, 2014

College Essay


           I have never been more stumped in my life to write one sentence for my college essay.  My mind just goes into a straight oblivion.  I have a strong topic to use, about the fist time I cared for patient while ski patrolling, but my paper is still white as gets.  I just don’t believe that I’m a senior and I’m already writing my college essay!  Freshmen year seemed like it was yesterday.  Although high school has helped me manage my time better and become a much more social person, College will be a whole different story socially, academically, and athletically.  It's a bittersweet feeling I have towards college. I'm bitter about my college essay, but I'm excited to get out of the house. 


            I’m looking forward to taking this class though, because it will strongly help me prepare for the college life.  I have never really annotated before in previous years of high school.  Teachers have never really explained what annotating is, being in not advanced LA for the last 4 years.  Is annotating only used in advanced LA?  I plan on going to college, and I’ve heard that annotating is one of the main skills to success.  A night’s homework could be annotating 100 pages from a textbook.  I'm glad that we reviewed the basics of annotating this week and I hope master this skill by the end of the year. SLCC will push anyone in the right direction towards a better reading comprehension, writing ability, and communication skills.








No comments:

Post a Comment